Sunday, April 9, 2017

Singing through the Hymnal: Songs of the Cross




In the hymnal we are using, there is a section on lent and the cross that I thought might be good to use for this week. These are some of my favorites and there is one for each day of the week. 

  


What wondrous Love 
     1 John 3:1 "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us that we should be called children of God. And that is what we are!"


 O Sacred Head, Now Wounded
    Isaiah 53:5 "He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities."

When I Survey the Wondrous Cross 
   Galatians 6:14 " But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."

    Isaiah 53:3 "He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief;"


   Ephesians 3:18-19 "...that you may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ...that you may be filled with all the fullness of God."

    John 12:32 "And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to Myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment