Sunday, February 21, 2016

Day 12 - Discourse on Truth, Life, and Authority


     This is the first time we have really been introduced to one of Jesus' discourses in the Gospel of John. Since it is a lengthy portion of Scripture, I have chosen to split it into two sections so I can really talk about all of these things with my children.

     We learn today of Jesus' authority and that His authority comes from the Father. Repeated words to take note of - "truly truly" - a reminder to me and to my children that everything Jesus says is absolutely true. God does not lie. You can never tell your children enough that the Bible is God's true Word. We must take Him at His Word.

We also read of the theme of authority to bring life. God has the authority to bring life and so does Jesus, God's Son. Jesus is declaring Himself to be God's Son and to have God the Father's authority. This is quite a claim! Jesus will continue to show us through signs how this is true!



  • Reading: John 5:19-29
  • Memory passage: John 1:1-14
  • Memory Verse: John 5:24
  • Songs: 'Tis so Sweet to Trust in Jesus and I will Stand on Every Promise of Your Word
  • Meditation: Psalm 119:153-160   *some of my favorite verses fit perfectly with today - God's true Word gives life!



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment