Monday, November 30, 2015

Day 0 - Introduction


An Introduction to Advent: Past, Present, Future


     I began this journey two years ago as I researched what I wanted to to with my own children during Advent. My goal was to get as many resources in one place as possible in order to make this accessible to all ages. I have a 4 year old, a two year old, and a 6 month old. We read every morning after breakfast, because that's what works for us. Yes, my two year old listens. We make it fun and make it a habit. Please don't shy away just because you think your children are too young ... or too old. They are NOT! Read the stories. Read the verses. Shorten them if you need to. Lengthen them if you need to. Talk about the theme, or simply read the theme verse. This is the best legacy we can leave our children. Join me in my 31 day journey from Genesis to Revelation as we follow the pathway of God's promises.

     Not every resource is used every day. Each resource has interesting and unique art included. To help with determining which resource is best for your child (or yourself), here are some suggestions:
  • Big Picture Story Bible (0-4) - Bigger picture with thematic art/ Simple vocabulary
  • The Jesus Storybook Bible (2-10) - Each story has Jesus as the focus
  • The Biggest Story (3-10) - Poetic and big picture themes from Genesis to Revelation
  • The Ology (4-12) - Encourages deeper questions and conversations

      


No comments:

Post a Comment